Old October 27th 09, 06:16 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Buddenbrooks Buddenbrooks is offline

Default Heads up - Panorama tonight, BBC1 8.30pm

"David Biddulph" groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message

Regulation of Railways Act 1889
http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...oc Id=1061371
--

That is the relevant act and as in another post the act requires an intent
to travel without a ticket.

Obviously acts after post war nationalization and before privatization
would have treated BR as an arm of the government.

A difference might be:
I worked for a branch of the government at one time and the rules were
that I could be searched on leaving the site, I could be searched on leaving
the site.
I now work for a private company and the terms and conditions of my
employment say I can be searched on leaving the site. I can be sacked for
not allowing a search, they cannot force a search.