Old October 27th 09, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:04:36 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

See my response about the tendering regime and "profitability" just
higher up in the overall thread of posts.

Yep, and replied to it. If TfL don't consider income on a given route
*at all*, they are seriously missing a trick and things are costing
them more than they need to as a result (and similarly they are
missing out on changes that could actually be profitable and thus
improve TfL's financial situation).

I'm not saying it would be sensible to go down the deregulation and
pure-profit route, but if something can be changed that is both
beneficial to the passenger and is revenue-neutral or profitable to
TfL overall, it seems ludicrous that it can't be done due to the way
things are accounted - or worse that it might never be identified in
the first place because the figures aren't added up.

Neil

--
Neil Williams