Old October 28th 09, 07:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Martin Edwards Martin Edwards is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

E27002 wrote:
On Oct 27, 3:14 pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:07:45 -0700 (PDT), E27002
wrote:

Compared with other urban transit systems that I utilize, London's
fares seem unreal. Journeys cost many times their equivalent in say
Atlanta, Louisville, or Los Angeles.

But ignoring the "penalty" cash fares, they compare very favourably
with the rest of the UK.

But, they are high compared with competing international business
centers. And, for that matter tourist destinations.

When I have worked in Edinburgh, the monthly, all routes, bus pass has
seemed reasonable. Although it has been several years since I have
had that pleasure.

The all /carriers/ pass in the former metropolitan county of West
Midlands (the transit authority is still indirectly elected for the
whole area) is excellent value, with the three month version best of
all. It even includes intercity trains on the part of the
(London-Glasgow) main line within the county. The single trolley line
has street running at the Wolverhampton end. We'd love to see your
company here, and you don't have to put up with London poseurs.

--
As through this world I've rambled, I've met plenty of funny men,
Some rob you with a sixgun, some with a fountain pen.

Woody Guthrie