Old October 28th 09, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:17:10PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

Even now, the link from MKC to Clapham Jn and beyond is *very* heavily
used. While there would be an issue with making the LO service 8
cars, the Southern one could easily be made so given a few units, had
the short-sighted decision to build a 4-car platform at Imperial Wharf
not been made.

Having trains be longer than the platforms at some stations isn't a
problem elsewhere on the network (eg at Battersea Park or
Billingshurst) so why is it a problem at Imperial Wharf?

And Shepherds Bush is just as short, so the "problem" isn't just
Imperial Wharf.

That said, given that said service is mainly about linking the WCML to
the SWML, it could I suppose be extended to 8 then not stop at
Imperial Wharf. How long is the platform at Shepherd's Bush?

Four coaches southbound, IIRC it's longer northbound, which strikes me
as being perverse.

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
-- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001