Old October 28th 09, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On 28 Oct, 12:53, David Cantrell wrote:
Four coaches southbound, IIRC it's longer northbound, which strikes me
as being perverse.

Trains reversing there (and heading south) need to stop north of the
signal under the footbridge.

There's passive provision for 8 car platforms given the location of
the emergency escape footbridge (some distance down the line). I can't
see any particular obstacle to extending Imperial Wharf either.

Anyway, I think TfL's 4-car strategy is fine. Once you multiply the 3
to 4 car lengthening with the planned frequency increases, you get
roughly double the capacity on every route. I don't think the demand
exists beyond that.