Old January 1st 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Mark is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

"Edward Cowling" wrote in message ...
Someone said to me the other day that if nothing
else Ken Livingstone had made buses an acceptable
way to travel.

Everyone uses buses these days, they said.

Do they ? I still consider the bus as drop in
centres on wheels and would rather walk 5 miles
in the rain than use one.

What is the overall perception of them out there
in Internet land ??

As a reasonably frequent visitor to the central London, I'm using the
buses more and more. For journeys that would take less than 20
minutes by tube, the bus is invariably faster at getting to your
destination, you see a lot more and can get off if something looks
worth getting off for (in my case when the bookshops on Charing Cross
Road come into view).