Old October 29th 09, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default South West Train Gold Service query

Railist wrote:
I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).

T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London Waterloo
or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and 1900
inclusive on Fridays".

I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

Thanks in advance.

"...is not valid for travel from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction ..."
sounds clear to me.
It doesn't say "... is not valid for travel on trains departing from London
Waterloo or Clapham Junction between 1600 and 1900 ...".
--
David Biddulph