Old October 30th 09, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:06:22 +0800, "DW downunder" noname wrote:

Sorry Old Chap, did ask that when you introduce a TLA into a post for the
1st that you spell it out. I can guess from context that ECR is East
Croydon, and MKC is Milton Keynes Central. I think WFJ is Watford Junction,
which would suit the context. Could you pls confirm.

Yep, all those are correct.

If we could get the frequency up, a half-hourly Watford to Clapham
shuttle would be more use than hourly through to Milton Keynes, so
long as the connections worked with LM trains at the Watford end. But
the danger is that an increase in frequency would cause a "sparks
effect" which would just result in passenger growth which there isn't
the capacity to handle.

The ultimate solution is probably to reinstate platforms on the slow
lines at Willesden and call all slow-line LM services[1] there for
interchange purposes, then to withdraw the through service completely.

[1] Ideally *all* LM services. But I'm not sure there's the capacity
on the slows to switch LM services back before Euston to allow this.

Neil

--
Neil Williams