Old October 31st 09, 03:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Nobody Nobody is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Oct 30, 1:37*am, "Recliner" wrote:
"Nobody" wrote in message

"E27002" wrote in message

On Oct 27, 3:37 pm, "Chris Read" wrote:

That sort of work for British companies is now normally done in
Mumbai or Bangalore. *They're a lot cheaper than Edinburgh, Los
Angeles, or Omaha.

grin and OT: but if you're gonna write "Mumbai" for Bombay, please
be consistent and use "Bengaluru" for Bangalore...

Yes, I did think of that, but felt that the former had caught on a lot
more than the latter. *The latter is also not as cheap as it used to be.

According to the Board of Control for Cricket in India, the Karnataka
State Cricket Association play cricket at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium,
Bangalore. I think until the Indians start using Bengaluru there
should be no compulsion on the rest of the world.

John

chortle

Egzacly my point.

We Anglo-whatevers are being beaten over Our Noggins, being told to
"correct" our geographical notions as the Newly Freed Poor Downtrodden
try to exert Their Puffiness.

Don't hear Bruxelles/Brussels... Kobenhavn/Copenhagen...
Wien/Vienna... al-Kahira/Cairo... al-Damask/Damascus... bitching!

How would one describe Buenos Aires... Rio de Janeiro... en Ingles?

Fresh Airs and January River? The Summer Olympics of whenever should
be fun, if we survive the nonsense of the 2010 Winter Olympics in
Vancouver.

Should you sense a touch of sporting cynicism, congratulations!

Vive Pekin! (As even China Radio International from, er, Beijing,
still refers to its hometown in French.)