Old October 31st 09, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:31:36 -0700, Nobody wrote:

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:49:47 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

[It seems very unlikely they wouldn't carry at least Stilton and some
English Cheddar, given how famous they are.]

They are perhaps more likely to sell Canadian and/or Israeli Cheddar.

;-)

Don't laugh, but I saw in a newspaper somewhere recently that our
Canadian Cheddar label is about to be attacked.

No surprise, really, as it all makes no sense. But neither did
Danish, Dutch and Israeli cheddar, all of which I have bought over the
years. The Israeli cheddar was in a cheese spread, but the
manufacturer apparently also made hard cheddar cheese.

It's all rather a long way from Somerset. But Somerset gets its own
back by making "Brie". ;-)