Old October 31st 09, 07:06 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Lord Adonis announces tram-trains for the Abbey Line

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:38:57 -0700 (PDT), THC
wrote:

HCC's adoption of the Abbey line and the go-ahead for this scheme seem
to me to be a quid pro quo for getting Croxley Rail Link money before
the coffers close for good on regional transport allocations (i.e.
just after the Tories get in and slash the budgets). Adonis and DafT
obtain proof of concept on a pet scheme and HCC's CRL scheme, which
has been around for longer than me, goes to the top of the pile for
what's left.

Sounds good if it works, but is there any evidence of an imminent
go-ahead for the Croxley Rail Link?

Of course there is nothing to stop the Tories cancelling or delaying
it if they are elected with a working majority.