Old November 1st 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Borough Market Viaduct

On 1 Nov, 12:07, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I suppose with a four track railway between the west end of LB and Charing
Cross they could dedicate them 2 to Charing Cross and 2 to Thameslink, but
AIUI the existing limitations on Thameslink peak services through London
Bridge will still be in place, so might they just use all four lines for
services to Charing Cross, with Thameslink superimposed as necessary? *Has
anyone seen any details of what might happen?

My guess is that London Bridge High Level is going to be rebuilt one
platform at a time from south to north. The new southernmost through
platforms can't be brought into use without viaduct further west to
run onto. Therefore it might just be to look at the viaduct works as
an enabling work for the KO2 London Bridge works.

(this does assume that widening the section between London Bridge and
Borough Market Viaduct from 5 to 7 tracks is part of KO1, which I'm
not certain of)

It would, as you mention, be impossible to run any peak Thameslink
trains through the six through platforms at London Bridge and still
provide a full service to Charing Cross, so we can rule that out.
Therefore, with only the current Charing Cross service to carry, it's
entirely possible the viaduct won't actually be four tracked until
2015.