Old November 2nd 09, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default First Capital Connect strike ...

and Southern are NOT accepting FCC tickets.

There is not only a dispute withy drivers on the FCC Bedford -
Brighton route. There is also a dispute between Southern and FCC
about
accepting FCC tickets on Southern services.

Today I was at Gatwick having travelled down from Paddington via
Farringdon. I got there OK. However on the return journey in the
evening ALL of the FCC services northwards had been cancelled and my
only option was to travel on Southern to Victoria, and then get the
Circle Line to Paddington.

But the b'stard Southern revenue protection officers wouldn't let me
travel on my FCC only ticket. I had to pay again.

I understand that the dispute about Southern accepting FCC tickets
has
been going on for quite a while. Its about time both management teams
got together to sort this out once and for all.

CJB.