Old November 3rd 09, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Irritating TfL marketing speak

On Nov 3, 11:05*am, wrote:
I noticed this apology from TfL with regards to the congestion charge
system failing:

“We apologise to customers for any problems they are experiencing since the transfer of systems to our new contractor this weekend."

I'm sorry, since when did drivers forced to pay a punative tax suddenly
become "customers"? If you're a customer you're paying for a service - what
service does the congestion charge provide other than to get some bailiffs
turning up at your door if you don't cough up? Do the muppets who come up
with these patronising statements honestly believe that calling people
customers suddenly makes the experience of money with menaces ok?

It provides you with access to central London's roads, in the same way
that paying a tenner provides you with access to the cinema and that
paying fifty quid provides you with access to Mr Stringfellow's
establishment (allegedly).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org