Old November 4th 09, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Lord Adonis announces tram-trains for the Abbey Line

On Nov 4, 9:15*am, Matthew Geier
wrote:

*Siemens has already built a batch of 'Avanto' 'tram-trains' that are
equipped for 25kAC/750vDC operation and are even fitted with appropriate
train protection equipment for the area they operate in.

I've already posted Avantos exist way back upthread.

It is about the 42nd time I've mentioned Avanto in various thread in
this forum over recent years, yet every new thread about tram/trains
trots out the same uninformed drivel about perceived 25 kV / 750 V
trams not exisitng, need to re-wire 25 kV to 750 V etc, when they do
exist and are well proven. There are even electro-diesel options
although not sure if any of those have actually been built yet.

--
Nick