Old November 5th 09, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
neverwas[_2_] neverwas[_2_] is offline

Default North London Line closures

The press release which is clearly linked from your first link says
clearly what is going to happen through 2009 and in to 2010.

Yes but the first link (which I had seen) does *not* mention the full
closure of the NLL between Stratford and Gospel Oak from Christmas
through to April 2010 in its list of "The planned London Overground
service disruptions starting in 2009". It omits the third bullet in
para 6 of the PR. I'll accept that is more likely to be cock-up rather
than conspiracy but it does matter to those of us who, for example, are
already buying theatre titckets for 2010.

Any bets on when TfL are going to let passengers know what's actually
happening?

On past practice probably about 4-6 weeks before the major changes
occur. Therefore I'd expect something imminently - say in the next 10
days? There needs to be info out there well before Christmas
because people won't have a train service once they go back to work
in the New Year!

It is to the credit of TfL that their journey planner already seems to
know the NLL is out for that period. It would be better though if it
made some mention of the lack of that route. I can envisage people
being a bit puzzled otherwise by the results of (for example) searching
for Stratford-Highbury & Islington. Is there some threshold at which a
closure becomes semi-permanent and so is not mentioned?