Old November 6th 09, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default First Capital Connect strike ...

But now FCC are cancelling all trains from Cambridge to/from London at
the weekend ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8347363.stm

Driver shortage to disrupt trains

Rail services between West Norfolk and London will be replaced with
buses on Sunday due to a shortage of drivers.

First Capital Connect and Thameslink rely on staff working overtime
and rest days to provide a seven-day service.

A spokesman said a combination of sickness and training courses meant
they would have to bus people to stations for connecting services.

He said the priority was to get people to and from the Remembrance
Sunday service in Whitehall.

Passengers will be taken by bus to Cambridge to link up with other
services.

Drivers unavailable

Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire passengers will be transported to
Bedford where they can pick up Thameslink services.

A spokesman said many drivers were not available or had declined to
work.

He said the company was "disappointed" Remembrance Sunday services
would be among those to be disrupted.

"We are continuing to work towards a resolution to these problems and
to provide alternative transport where possible.

"We regret any inconvenience this disruption will cause."