Old November 7th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich[_2_] Martin Rich[_2_] is offline

Default Oxford Circus crossing

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

For a couple of generations we've been trained, cajoled and exhorted to
look for the red/green men across the road, high up. We simply don't
expect to find them on our side of the road, at knee height. Sideways.

Not only that, but red and green men on the other side of the road
constitute a pretty widely adopted standard across many parts of the world.
Has anybody seen the our side/knee high (or at best waist high) arrangement
anywhere outside the UK?

Martin