Old November 7th 09, 09:34 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Off-Peak Return tickets Cambridge-London

In article ,
(Theo Markettos) wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:00:22 on
Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Peter Smyth remarked:
The timetable is at

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...kingscrosstost

evenagecambridge_1.pdf and shows off-peak tickets as permitted on the
0920 from Cambridge. However as Barry posted, the restriction in the
Fares Manual for a Off-Peak Return is depart at or after 0930.

But there's apparently different rules for offpeak returns and
offpeak *day* returns. That needs more colours.

But you need even more colours, because different start and endpoints
have different restrictions. So, I think, there are no evening peak
restrictions on return halves of tickets from Ely to London. But there
are from Cambridge to London. But the Ely person might take a train to
Cambridge and change. And then what about the person with a ticket from
Penzance to Cambridge, where the restrictions are on the Paddington leg
not the King's Cross leg?

I'm only referring to Cambridge-London timetable leaflets so Ely is an
irrelevance.

The main reason for my surprise is that the evening peak restrictions on
Off Peak (ex-Saver) Returns are less onerous in the evenings!

--
Colin Rosenstiel