Old November 8th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Jackman[_2_] David Jackman[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster PAYG twixt Viccy and Balham

cj wrote in
:

On Nov 8, 6:11*pm, zzzz wrote:
Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.... * but if I
were to use a PAYG Oyster card between Balham and Victoria, or Balham
and Shepherds Bush, how much would I be charged? * And would it be
cheaper for me to buy an ordinary National Rail return fare if I was
doing a return? (seeing NR turn-up-and-go returns are approx the same
as a single).

Thx
Phil

Balham - Victoria on Oyster PAYG single is £2.60, £2 off peak.

Anytime day return would be £5.30, off-peak return £4.10.

The single fares charged on Oyster can be found on the TfL "single
fare finder" page at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...der/current/De
fault.aspx

~cj

Note that the PAYG definition of "peak" is different from the Southern one,
so if you are starting your journey after 09.30 but coming back in the
evening peak (16.30-19.30) a paper ticket will be cheaper than PAYG.