Old November 8th 09, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

In article . 145,
pleasereplytogroup (David Jackman) wrote:

(Neil Williams) wrote in
:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:31:58 -0600,

wrote:

Isn't Watford Junction outside Zone 9?

It is. What I think the OP actually bought is a Watford Junction
outboundary Travelcard, which should indeed be eaten at the end.

But outboundary travelcards should never be issued from within the
zones, and I wasn't previously aware that National Rail stations
could issue Z1-9 either.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tickets-Zone
s-7-9-plus-watford-junction.pdf does quote prices for a "Day
Travelcard Z1-9 plus Watford Junction" but as it's £ 18.00 peak/£
13.50 off-peak a Boundary Z6-Watford Junction is often a better
option anyway.

Assuming the ticket office in question did what they should have done, of
course.

--
Colin Rosenstiel