Old November 9th 09, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

wrote in message

Would Croydon (or wherever, I see he wasn't too specific) have sold him a
Watford Junction outboundary Travelcard, though? And wouldn't it be valid
for a return trip to the zones if so?

I expect they could if asked, but the ticket would still not be valid
after the first trip to Watford Jn. By analogy, as you are probabaly
aware, the outward part of a two part ticket is not valid without the
return...

In the light of Barry's info, I'd clarify that by saying they are no longer
valid on the NR part of the route once they have been used to return to the
origin. As the barriers will have normally eaten it, using the zonal
validity again in the same day will require the user to avoid the barriers.

Paul S