Old November 9th 09, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:31:58 -0600,
wrote:

Isn't Watford Junction outside Zone 9?

It is. What I think the OP actually bought is a Watford Junction
outboundary Travelcard, which should indeed be eaten at the end.

I've checked by bank statement, and i paid 13.80 for the thing, at
Wallington, on a late monday morning IIRC. The only thing i can see in the
booklet is the off-peak Z1-9TC+WJ ticket, which is 13.50, so i think
you're right, although i don't know where the 30p comes from.

And i note there's still nothing in the TfL fares booklet which indicates
that that ticket will be eaten at WJ.

tom

--
History is about battles, great men, gory executions and wigs. That is
all. -- The Richelieu Association