Old November 9th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_2_] Peter Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:50:49 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:31:58 -0600,
wrote:

Isn't Watford Junction outside Zone 9?

It is. What I think the OP actually bought is a Watford Junction
outboundary Travelcard, which should indeed be eaten at the end.

I've checked by bank statement, and i paid 13.80 for the thing, at
Wallington, on a late monday morning IIRC. The only thing i can see in the
booklet is the off-peak Z1-9TC+WJ ticket, which is 13.50, so i think
you're right, although i don't know where the 30p comes from.

And i note there's still nothing in the TfL fares booklet which indicates
that that ticket will be eaten at WJ.

isn't there some easement allowing use of Travelcards on TFL buses
serving Watford which means the card should not be swallowed?

And, should not the OP have been sold a ODTC with extension BZ6 to
Watford?
--
Peter Lawrence