Old November 10th 09, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] tshanazt@aol.com is offline

Default Publicity about Circle Line going Teacup

On 10 Nov, 12:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
But the blinds are definitely being changed en route according to posters
elsewhere. A train leaving Edgware for the inner rail is supposed to be
showing Circle via xxx. A through train arriving at Edgware from Hammersmith
is expected to show Circle via Aldgate AIUI.

Trains leaving for Hammersmith westbound will show Hammersmith - AIUI they
will have displayed this from Liverpool St onwards, so westbound H&C and
CIrcle trains along the top of the circle will all have the same destination
showing.

As a "union guy" once memorably observed (about something totally
different) "that's all very well on paper but it'll never work in
theory".
If we are relying on train operators memories/willpower to manually
wind blinds at intermediate locations such as Liverpool Street I think
we may be a bit optimistic in imagining it will actually happen with
much consistancy.

--
gordon