London Banter

-   -   West Ruilsip to Richmond (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10011-west-ruilsip-richmond.html)

No Name November 21st 09 06:06 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

No Name November 21st 09 06:13 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

wrote in message
Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

Or perhaps

Ickenham to Barrons Court?

Bruce[_2_] November 21st 09 07:10 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:06:55 -0000, wrote:

Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

West Ruislip to Notting Hill Gate is easy, just take the Central Line
for the whole journey.

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

What happened to Richmond?

Better still, do your own journey planning he

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Tom Anderson November 21st 09 08:04 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Bruce wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:06:55 -0000, wrote:

Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

West Ruislip to Notting Hill Gate is easy, just take the Central Line
for the whole journey.

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

What happened to Richmond?

I think both of those are ideas for how to get to Richmond. The first
means:

West Ruislip -(Central line) Notting Hill Gate -(District line) Richmond

But i'm puzzled about the second:

West Ruislip -(Central line) North Acton -(Central) Ealing Broadway -(???) Richmond

I sort of wonder if the OP meant Willesden Junction, as in:

West Ruislip -(Central line) North Acton -(bus) Willesden Junction -(NLL) Richmond

Or Acton Central in place of Willesden Junction. Either way, it's the 266
bus.

Better still, do your own journey planning he

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Not a bad idea, but it can often be improved on - it's usually a bit
optimistic.

tom

--
Children are born true scientists. -- R. Buckminster Fuller

[email protected] November 21st 09 10:58 PM

West Ruislip to Richmond

In article ,
(Bruce) wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:06:55 -0000, wrote:

Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

West Ruislip to Notting Hill Gate is easy, just take the Central Line
for the whole journey.

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

What happened to Richmond?

Better still, do your own journey planning he

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Which mostly suggests different options for next Saturday, the 272 bus
between East Acton and Turnham Green.

It suggests the journey time via North Acton, Ealing Broadway and Turnham
Green on the Central and District Lines is pretty well as fast, however.
It doesn't say but that will be cheaper using Oyster PAYG.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Lucas November 22nd 09 12:29 PM

West Ruislip to Richmond

i would go for
Central line: West Ruislip to North Acton
Central Line: North Acton to Ealing Broadway
65 Bus: Ealing Broadway to Richmond

Paul Weaver November 22nd 09 12:47 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

On 21 Nov, 19:06, wrote:
Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

Changing at Notting Hill needs another change at Earls Court too.

As always, My advice is to avoid skanky buses at all costs, so Central
to Shepherds Bush, overground to Clapham Junction, SWT to Richmond.
Alternatively Overground to Willesden Jn, Overground to Richmond.

On Sunday, I believe the overground from Willesden to Richmond is
closed, as is Shepherds Bush to Willesden, but the route via Clapham
would still work.

Paul Scott November 22nd 09 02:26 PM

West Ruilsip to Richmond

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
On 21 Nov, 19:06, wrote:
Trying to find the best route for next weekend.

West Ruislip to Notting Hill

or

West Ruislip to North Acton, then Ealing Broadway

Your advice would be appreciated.

Changing at Notting Hill needs another change at Earls Court too.

As always, My advice is to avoid skanky buses at all costs, so Central
to Shepherds Bush, overground to Clapham Junction, SWT to Richmond.
Alternatively Overground to Willesden Jn, Overground to Richmond.

On Sunday, I believe the overground from Willesden to Richmond is
closed, as is Shepherds Bush to Willesden, but the route via Clapham
would still work.

The OP might wish to use PAYG though...

Paul S

[email protected] November 22nd 09 03:26 PM

West Ruislip to Richmond

In article
,
(Lucas) wrote:

i would go for
Central line: West Ruislip to North Acton
Central Line: North Acton to Ealing Broadway
65 Bus: Ealing Broadway to Richmond

Not the Journey Planner's choice nor as cheap for PAYG customers. I would
also think the bus journey would be longer than the 272 from East Acton to
Turnham Green.

Another option I've just got the Journey Planner to offer is:

Central Line: West Ruislip to White City; walk to Wood Lane
Hammersmith & City Line: Wood Lane to Hammersmith
District Line: Hammersmith to Richmond
1:03 next Sunday at 09:39

--
Colin Rosenstiel