London Banter

-   -   New rates for discounted railcard daily caps ( from 02.01.10 ) ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10031-new-rates-discounted-railcard-daily.html)

Uncle-C November 24th 09 08:28 AM

New rates for discounted railcard daily caps ( from 02.01.10 ) ?

Here is the page showing current daily caps for discounted railcards.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

Does anyone how much the increase will be and hence the new rates when
the fare changes take effect in the new year ? I couldn't find
anything in the literature.

cheers,

John Salmon[_4_] November 24th 09 08:52 AM

New rates for discounted railcard daily caps ( from 02.01.10 ) ?

"Uncle-C" wrote
Here is the page showing current daily caps for discounted railcards.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

Does anyone how much the increase will be and hence the new rates when
the fare changes take effect in the new year ? I couldn't find
anything in the literature.

Thanks for posting that. At the recent utl meet, Colin was asking about the
current cap(s) and no-one knew what the amounts were.

My answer was completely wrong!

Paul Scott November 24th 09 09:45 AM

New rates for discounted railcard daily caps ( from 02.01.10 ) ?

"John Salmon" wrote in message
"Uncle-C" wrote
Here is the page showing current daily caps for discounted railcards.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

Does anyone how much the increase will be and hence the new rates when
the fare changes take effect in the new year ? I couldn't find
anything in the literature.

Thanks for posting that. At the recent utl meet, Colin was asking about
the current cap(s) and no-one knew what the amounts were.

Next years PAYG caps (that will be equivalent to the daily travelcard
price) are on page A4 of this recently posted document:

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/mayor-decisions/docs/20091015-md457-fares-2010.pdf

The note says that the rates are 'as today plus 50p' - which probably makes
sense as the day travelcard price is apparently set by the TOCs, and should
be frozen for 2010.

Increases in the railcard discounted cap should be around 30-40p, I'd have
thought, with rounding.

Paul S