London Banter

-   -   New Years Eve Station Closure (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10098-new-years-eve-station-closure.html)

Paul December 9th 09 06:34 AM

New Years Eve Station Closure

I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve. But does anyone
know why stations such as Arsenal, Boston Manor, North Ealing, Sudbury
Hill and Wood Green are closed? Are they relatively lightly used, or
is there some other reason?:

Chris[_2_] December 9th 09 04:37 PM

On 9 Dec, 07:34, Paul wrote:
I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve. But does anyone
know why stations such as Arsenal, Boston Manor, North Ealing, Sudbury
Hill and Wood Green are closed? Are they relatively lightly used, or
is there some other reason?:

To save on staffing costs?

Tristan Miller December 9th 09 05:02 PM

New Years Eve Station Closure

Greetings.

In article d0bc6244-766a-45ff-
, Paul wrote:
I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve.

I can't. Why are those stations going to be closed?

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller Space is limited

Paul Terry[_2_] December 9th 09 06:01 PM

New Years Eve Station Closure

In message , Tristan
Miller writes

, Paul wrote:

I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve.

I can't. Why are those stations going to be closed?

Inability to handle the expected crowds safely.
--
Paul Terry

Paul December 10th 09 02:59 PM

New Years Eve Station Closure

On 09/12/2009 19:01, Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Tristan
Miller writes

, Paul wrote:

I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve.

I can't. Why are those stations going to be closed?

Inability to handle the expected crowds safely.

Last year Goodge Street was open, which I walked to from the Embankment.

I took an empty southbound northern line tube (which took on almost no
passengers at Leicester Square or CX).

--
Paul

Chris[_2_] December 10th 09 03:15 PM

, Paul wrote:

I can understand why stations such as Charing Cross, Leicester Square
and Covent Garden have to close on New Year's Eve.

I can't. Why are those stations going to be closed?

Inability to handle the expected crowds safely.

Last year Goodge Street was open, which I walked to from the Embankment.

I took an empty southbound northern line tube (which took on almost no
passengers at Leicester Square or CX).

--
Paul

Because those stations were closed at street level and only those
changing tubes got on, I suspect.