London Banter

-   -   Wimbledon to Edgware Road (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10136-wimbledon-edgware-road.html)

Peter December 15th 09 08:22 AM

Wimbledon to Edgware Road

About once a week I have to travel between Wimbledon and Edgware
Road. Up to yesterday, District Line trains from Wimbledon generally
alternated between Edgware Road and City. But yesterday I had to wait
for about five City trains before one departed for Edgware Road.

Coincidence? Or have LT made an unannounced cut to services so as to
accommodate the new Circle Line?

John B December 15th 09 10:01 AM

Wimbledon to Edgware Road

On Dec 15, 9:22*am, peter wrote:
About once a week I have to travel between Wimbledon and Edgware
Road. *Up to yesterday, District Line trains from Wimbledon generally
alternated between Edgware Road and City. *But yesterday I had to wait
for about five City trains before one departed for Edgware Road.

Coincidence? *Or have LT made an unannounced cut to services so as to
accommodate the new Circle Line?

Yes, or at least a-bit-of-both: Wimblewares have gone down from 8tph
to 6tph, whilst Wimblecities have gone up from 7tph to 9tph.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org