Old December 21st 09, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Cheeky

I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and now
replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

Old December 21st 09, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0000, wrote:

I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and now
replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

What a disgrace.

"*You'll pay no more than 5p per minute if calling from a BT landline.
Charges from mobiles or other landline providers may vary"

Vary upwards quite significantly, usually. Don't they think that most
people probably call them from a mobile?

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old December 21st 09, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0000, wrote:

I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and now
replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

What a disgrace.

"*You'll pay no more than 5p per minute if calling from a BT landline.
Charges from mobiles or other landline providers may vary"

Vary upwards quite significantly, usually. Don't they think that most
people probably call them from a mobile?

Neil

--
Neil Williams

As more and more "call plans" give you "free" 0845 numbers, but not 0844.

MaxB

Old December 21st 09, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:59:48 -0000, "Batman55"
wrote:

As more and more "call plans" give you "free" 0845 numbers, but not 0844.

0844 will give TfL a profit cut which I guess the phone companies
won't be willing to pay out of your "allowance".

I suppose they wouldn't be the only ones, though - the Dutch national
public transport information line (9292) is a standalone setup that is
funded from advertising on the website and from phone call costs - so
is *premium rate*.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old December 21st 09, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , ()
wrote:

I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and
now replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

which also says:

"If you call 020 7222 1234
In the meantime, you'll be transferred to the new number at no extra
charge."

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old December 22nd 09, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0000, wrote:

I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and now
replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

0843 not 0844

At least they've managed to keep the ABBey 1234 digits!
--
Roger
Old December 23rd 09, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I see they are demising the 0207 number for London Transport and now
replacing it with a 0844 number

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/13879.aspx

Defined by BT as "g6" rate, which equates to 4.255ppm exc. VAT
(currently 4.894ppm inc. VAT, increasing to 5ppm inc. VAT from 1st
January when VAT returns to 17.5%) at all times from a BT residential line.

T-Mobile charge both contract and PAYG customers 40ppm for calls to 0843
222 numbers. (See http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/08-09/)

Cheers,

Barry