London Banter

-   -   Northern Heights (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10173-northern-heights.html)

John B December 22nd 09 11:56 AM

Northern Heights

A rather good new short film on the Northern Heights scheme and the
effects of its failure on modern London, from a non-spottery POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuD288JlC

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Fig December 22nd 09 04:55 PM

Northern Heights

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:56:35 -0000, John B wrote:

A rather good new short film on the Northern Heights scheme and the
effects of its failure on modern London, from a non-spottery POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuD288JlC

The URL contained a malformed video ID.

[email protected] December 22nd 09 06:49 PM

Northern Heights

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:41:54 -0600,
wrote:

In article
,
(John B) wrote:

A rather good new short film on the Northern Heights scheme and the
effects of its failure on modern London, from a non-spottery POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuD288JlC

"The URL contained a malformed video ID."

easy to find though by a quick search, Actually called Unfinished
London.

G.Harman

John B December 22nd 09 07:20 PM

Northern Heights

On Dec 22, 6:41*pm, wrote:
In article
,

How bizarre. Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHLOwH2HWU

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

[email protected] December 22nd 09 09:29 PM

Northern Heights

In article ,
() wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:41:54 -0600,

wrote:

In article

, (John B) wrote:

A rather good new short film on the Northern Heights scheme and the
effects of its failure on modern London, from a non-spottery POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuD288JlC

"The URL contained a malformed video ID."

easy to find though by a quick search, Actually called Unfinished
London.

Thanks. Seen it now.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Fig December 25th 09 10:19 AM

Northern Heights

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:20:05 -0000, John B wrote:

How bizarre. Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHLOwH2HWU

Much better.
Very educational and pretty amusing to.
I think he made a small error right at the end though, by using the old
Blackfriars Railway Bridge to illustrate 'unfinished London'?

--
Fig

[email protected] December 26th 09 12:56 PM

Northern Heights

On 25 Dec, 11:19, Fig wrote:

Much better.
Very educational and pretty amusing to.
I think he made a small error right at the end though, by using the old *
Blackfriars Railway Bridge to illustrate 'unfinished London'?

I agree. It's also hardly correct to say that Beeching had 'An
incurable phobia of trains'.

Basil Jet December 26th 09 01:30 PM

Northern Heights

wrote:
On 25 Dec, 11:19, Fig wrote:

Much better.
Very educational and pretty amusing to.
I think he made a small error right at the end though, by using the
old Blackfriars Railway Bridge to illustrate 'unfinished London'?

I agree. It's also hardly correct to say that Beeching had 'An
incurable phobia of trains'.

His phobia was of railways that hardly had any trains.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

[email protected] December 26th 09 01:44 PM

Northern Heights

On 26 Dec, 14:30, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

His phobia was of railways that hardly had any trains.

Or passengers, or freight. He certainly wasn't anti-railway.