Old November 16th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

(Mait001) wrote in
:

The economic migrant claim is simply untrue. One of my best friends
works for a law firm that works on asylum cases, and says otherwise.

I have represented a number over the last few years, mainly Kosovans,
and I must disagree with you.

They are simply a milch cow for various solicitors' firms, one of
which was exposed in the national press 2 years ago for providing
"package deals", complete with fake torture claims etc. for their
clients.

ergo, all lawyers are corrupt because there was a case in the national
press a couple of years ago...

I did not write that "all lawyers are corrupt", but it is my experience that
some pretty sharp practices have developed in the immigration field over recent
years.

The case in the national press, involving a firm that used to instruct me (not,
I hasten to add, in immigration cases) had been participating in the whole
Eastern European asylum scam, from the local agents who "recruited" candidates,
provided them with false "asylum identities", assisted their smuggling into the
U.K. and then milked the Legal Aid fund launching utterly hopeless and endless
appeals, just to generate income for the firm concerned.

That firm was not alone in its practises.

That is why I do not practise is immigration law at all any longer. I do not
want to be tainted by that reputation.

Marc.