Old January 13th 10, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default It beggars belief

Went by tube to work again this morning thanks to the council not bothering
to grit roads near me. Trains backing up from arnos grove and more stalled
going towards raynors lane. All due to "the severe weather" according to the
driver. Yeah -1C and 2cm of snow, thats almost antarctic isn't it. I'm
surprised we arn't building igloos on the platform and breaking out the
survival rations. Then delays on the central line. No excuse heard for that,
I guess they'd given up at that point. Or the excuse book was buried under the
snow.

Perhaps we're all in a version of the Truman Show and this is actually a
situation comedy for people to laugh at how we struggle through the
ineptness of public servants.

B2003

Old January 13th 10, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 13, 10:45*am, wrote:

Perhaps we're all in a version of the Truman Show and this is actually a
situation comedy for people to laugh at how we struggle through the
ineptness of public servants.

Maybe it´s just you?
This morning, a kindly bus driver waited for me as I ran up to the
stop along a (cleared) pavement. The Central Line was running fine at
Bethnal Green, though there weren't any free seats until Bank. I got
to work a little earlier than I expected. The only problem was a bit
of a queue up Mare Street at the Narroway thanks to buses trying to
get out of Clapton Garage.
Old January 13th 10, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

We just don't do stoicism in the country any more, do we?

I don't think stoicism would be regarded as one of Boltar's primary
attributes.

LOL.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old January 13th 10, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:45:02 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Went by tube to work again this morning thanks to the council not
bothering
to grit roads near me. Trains backing up from arnos grove and more stalled
going towards raynors lane. All due to "the severe weather" according to
the
driver. Yeah -1C and 2cm of snow, thats almost antarctic isn't it. I'm
surprised we arn't building igloos on the platform and breaking out the
survival rations. Then delays on the central line. No excuse heard for
that,
I guess they'd given up at that point. Or the excuse book was buried under
the
snow.

Perhaps we're all in a version of the Truman Show and this is actually a
situation comedy for people to laugh at how we struggle through the
ineptness of public servants.

No, no - you're in your own special episode. You do realise that LUL has
commissioned a special Boltar detector and when we know you are on the
system the random failure and delay generator swings into action. It is
our sole role in life to delay you and drive your bile gland into
overdrive. I'm not sure that we have programmed "igloo construction" as
a scenario but I am sure we could get someone to build one on the tracks
just to delay your particular train.

We only do it because we really, really love all our customers called
Boltar!

--
Paul C

At least OP was lucky enough to have trains "backing up". On Southeastern
they seem to have melted away, unlike the few cm of snow that caused the
problem. Once you got on a train, all was well. There just weren't many of
them around!

MaxB

Old January 14th 10, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:53:05 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
No, no - you're in your own special episode. You do realise that LUL has
commissioned a special Boltar detector and when we know you are on the
system the random failure and delay generator swings into action. It is

Well they've obviously already got a passenger count detector which when it
notices a few hundred people have been waiting on a platform for a train for
10 minutes automatically kicks off the "there is a good service on the
piccadilly/whatever line today" announcement. Perhaps theres a subliminal
messages embedded in it to make you forget about how long you've been waiting.
Or perhaps its the bloke in the control room having a laugh.

B2003