London Banter

-   -   I'm confused! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1035-im-confused.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht November 18th 03 07:23 AM

I'm confused!

I get TfL Travel alerts by email.

Today's contains the following:

-------------------------
LUL SERVICE DISRUPTION (received 18/11/03 at 07:14)
Service Disruption on the Metropolitan Line
The Metropolitan Line has no service between Alperton Station and Aldgate
Station in both directions.
This will affect journeys from 07:15 on 18/11/03 until further notice.
This is due to signalling problems at Euston Square Station.

---------------------------

It's quite early and I've only just woken up but I thought Alperton was
on the Piccadilly, which doesn't go to Euston Square...

I suppose they mean Rayners Lane & Aldgate but I would like them to know
their own lines!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Orienteer November 18th 03 07:51 AM

I'm confused!

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
I get TfL Travel alerts by email.

Today's contains the following:

-------------------------
LUL SERVICE DISRUPTION (received 18/11/03 at 07:14)
Service Disruption on the Metropolitan Line
The Metropolitan Line has no service between Alperton Station and Aldgate
Station in both directions.
This will affect journeys from 07:15 on 18/11/03 until further notice.
This is due to signalling problems at Euston Square Station.

It's quite early and I've only just woken up but I thought Alperton was
on the Piccadilly, which doesn't go to Euston Square...

I suppose they mean Rayners Lane & Aldgate but I would like them to know
their own lines!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

According to the website the stoppage is between Baker St and Aldgate, and
includes the H&C and Circle lines.