London Banter

-   -   Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10364-another-new-tube-station-opens.html)

Mizter T January 27th 10 07:10 PM

Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

E27002 January 27th 10 08:16 PM

On Jan 27, 12:10*pm, Mizter T wrote:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

Staff passes only? :-)

Mizter T January 27th 10 08:32 PM

On Jan 27, 9:16*pm, E27002 wrote:

On Jan 27, 12:10*pm, Mizter T wrote:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

Staff passes only? *:-)

Touche!

I'm sure the good Baron would have approved.

Richard J.[_3_] January 27th 10 10:59 PM

Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield

Mizter T wrote on 27 January 2010 20:10:11 ...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

It's an LU training facility inside Ashfield House near West Kensington
station.
--
Richard J.

Paul Cummins[_3_] January 27th 10 11:38 PM

Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield

In article ,

*From:* "Richard J."
*Date:* Wed, 27 Jan 2010 23:59:39 GMT

Mizter T wrote on 27 January 2010 20:10:11 ...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare
Finder
yet...

It's an LU training facility inside Ashfield House near West
Kensington station.

http://www.hrmagazine.co.uk/news/978...taff-trained-s
imulated-Tube-station-environment/

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

martin January 28th 10 01:42 PM

On Jan 27, 8:10*pm, Mizter T wrote:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

There are a handful more photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/routema.../westashfield/

DW downunder January 29th 10 03:37 AM

"martin" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 8:10 pm, Mizter T wrote:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3314813166_7f7dc5e996.jpg

For some reason it doesn't appear to show up in the TfL Fare Finder
yet...

There are a handful more photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/routema.../westashfield/

Nice set, thanks for the heads up.

I rather liked the one that shows the end of an underground tube station
with the graphic beyond showing 4-rail track running off into the verdant
green countryside with (can you believe it?) blue skies.

P'raps it should show solid ice on the current rails and ultra-fine snow
drifting. Should be a good test of mettle for the trainees, well maybe
!!!!.

DW downunder

Paul Cummins[_3_] January 29th 10 09:45 AM

Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield

In article , noname (DW
downunder) wrote:

There are a handful more photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/routema.../westashfield/

Nice set, thanks for the heads up.

Apart fom the fact that West Ashfield is a *tube* station on the District
line between Earls Court and Tower Bridge. Which is only served by
sub-surface stock!

[email protected] January 30th 10 01:11 AM

Another new Tube station opens for business - West Ashfield

In article t,
(Paul Cummins) wrote:

In article , noname
(DW downunder) wrote:

There are a handful more photos on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/routema.../westashfield/

Nice set, thanks for the heads up.

Apart fom the fact that West Ashfield is a *tube* station on the
District line between Earls Court and Tower Bridge. Which is only served
by sub-surface stock!

I thought it was actually at West Kensington or nearby? I.e. West of
Earl's Court.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Paul Cummins[_3_] January 30th 10 08:04 AM

() wrote:

I thought it was actually at West Kensington or nearby? I.e. West
of Earl's Court.

Look at the timetable.