Old November 19th 03, 09:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
D-E D-E is offline

Default Renewing an Oyster

My local station, New Cross Gate, does not have any kind of ticket
gates/oyster reader/validator. When my Oyster runs out, if I choose to renew
it online, can I travel to another station using the tube (with an expired
oyster) and then get my Oyster updated using the exit gates, or does
reloading only happen on entrance gates?

--
Dan Elwell, writing all the way from daarn sarf.
BB Speed Test: www.broadbandspeedtest.net

Old November 19th 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"D-E" wrote the following in:

My local station, New Cross Gate, does not have any kind of ticket
gates/oyster reader/validator. When my Oyster runs out, if I
choose to renew it online, can I travel to another station using
the tube (with an expired oyster) and then get my Oyster updated
using the exit gates, or does reloading only happen on entrance
gates?

Wouldn't it be easier to just walk 5 minutes to New Cross? Or are you
not catching the ELL?

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!
Old November 20th 03, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"D-E" writes:

My local station, New Cross Gate, does not have any kind of ticket
gates/oyster reader/validator. When my Oyster runs out, if I choose to renew
it online, can I travel to another station using the tube (with an expired
oyster) and then get my Oyster updated using the exit gates, or does
reloading only happen on entrance gates?

I don't know whether the upload occurs on exit, but you can upload
the new ticket up to 5 days before the old one runs out.

Old November 21st 03, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On 20 Nov 2003 12:50:38 +0000, jasonr (Jason Rumney) @ f2s.com wrote:

I don't know whether the upload occurs on exit, but you can upload
the new ticket up to 5 days before the old one runs out.

What do you do if you aren't going near a tube station before your
card needs loading? How do bus passengers load their cards?
Old November 21st 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:32:52 +0000, K wrote:

On 20 Nov 2003 12:50:38 +0000, jasonr (Jason Rumney) @ f2s.com wrote:

I don't know whether the upload occurs on exit, but you can upload
the new ticket up to 5 days before the old one runs out.

What do you do if you aren't going near a tube station before your
card needs loading? How do bus passengers load their cards?

They can't.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Old November 24th 03, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:10:50 +0000, Robert Woolley
wrote:

What do you do if you aren't going near a tube station before your
card needs loading? How do bus passengers load their cards?

They can't.

What a wonderful system, then!