Old February 5th 10, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Forthcoming NLL closure

I've just been reading about the service changes when the NLL shuts
down between Gospel Oak - Stratford from 20th Feb:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...ces/13915.aspx

Under the paragraph entitled "Ticketing" it states that,

" Oyster pay as you go users may incur an additional charge for using
Tube services.

As a result you may be entitled to a refund, which would be
automatically credited to your Oyster card. "

What would be the journey criterion required for a passenger to
qualify for a reimbursement ?
Could someone give an example of a journey where a refund, because of
otherwise unnecessary use of the tube, would be applicable ?

regards
uc

Old February 5th 10, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 5, 7:42*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...orkandservices...

Under the paragraph entitled "Ticketing" *it states that,

" Oyster pay as you go users may incur an additional charge for using
Tube services.

As a result you may be entitled to a refund, which would be
automatically credited to your Oyster card. "

What would be the journey criterion required *for a passenger to
qualify for a reimbursement ?
Could someone give an example of a journey where a refund, because of
otherwise unnecessary use of the tube, would be applicable ?

Camden Road - Richmond - normally via Overground and avoiding Zone 1.
Instead user goes Camden Town - Richmond via Zone 1.

Others might be Highbury - Gunnersbury or Hackney Wick - Caledonian Rd &
Barnesbury. * *The tube variants are easy enough to work out.

Quite how Oyster is going to process these routes reliably I am not
sure. I can only assume some clever data reviewing is going on to look
at standard patterns of NLL usage on Oyster and is picking out the card
serial numbers which will be flagged. *Post closure those cards will be
checked to see if demonstrably different non NLL routes are being taken.
Clearly such an exercise cannot pick everyone out but it will be
interesting to see if it works reliably. *It's also possible that a
"test" exercise was done when the section through Hampstead closed a
year or so ago to see if alternative usage patterns could be discerned.

Will it be as complicated as that? For the relevant routes won't the
system just refund the difference between the via Zone 1 fare and the
via NLL fare the next day that you touched in? It may even be able to
do it immediately, if the via zone 1 fare between the stations is set
to the same as the via NLL fare for the duration of the works.

Similar next day refunds have been used in other occasions when there
have been problems.
Old February 6th 10, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

As the replacement buses will really struggle with the traffic given the
dense street patterns they have to get through I imagine an awful lot of
people will switch to other lines rather than opt for the RR buses.

Dalston in particular is a nightmare at the moment - which route will
the RR buses take? Can't see any info on the TFL site. We sometimes get
overground buses on oyr road but it's now been closed southbound for the
76 route.

E.
Old February 6th 10, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 6, 11:07*am, eastender wrote:

Dalston in particular is a nightmare at the moment - which route will
the RR buses take? Can't see any info on the TFL site. We sometimes get
overground buses on oyr road but it's now been closed southbound for the
76 route.

When I was there last week, Dalston Lane was looking close to re-
opening: it seemed like the 38's iBus system had been programmed to be
back on its 'normal' route, but then announced 'this bus is on
diversion' and went on the Queensbridge Road diversion.

The TfL website says that this is due to a collapsed sewer, and will
be back to normal by February 12th.
Old February 7th 10, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The TfL website says that this is due to a collapsed sewer, and will
be back to normal by February 12th.

I've just looked on the londonworks website and the projected end of
works is now 22nd Feb!

Frankly, this closure is doing my head in. It was supposed to have
been completed by MAY 2009 but it keeps on running. I don't know what
they're playing at, but it seems like Thames Water are the main
culprits. TFL say the delays so far have been because Thames Water
have got in to do their Victorian mains replacements; but now this
'sewer collapse' has put things back even further. At this rate the
proposed May 2010 opening for the new Tube station isn't going to
happen either.

Whenever I go past the site the only activity I tend to see from the
handful of workers they've deployed there seems to be to and from the
greasy spoon on the corner. They really don't care what havoc they're
causing to the area.