Old February 15th 10, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old LT Country Bus network.

How much of this still exists in some form? I believe the 405 to
Redhill and the 409 to East Grinstead as they are now were once part
of it, but what else is there?

Old February 15th 10, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
How much of this still exists in some form? I believe the 405 to
Redhill and the 409 to East Grinstead as they are now were once part
of it, but what else is there?

246 to Westerham
402 to Sevenoaks/Tunbridge Wells (though not a TfL route)
Most things that still have Green Line branding (Windsor, Hemel
Hempstead - are there any others left apart from the Luton Airport
service?)

--
Current nearest station:
Old February 16th 10, 02:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

pedan3 wrote:

I went from London to Edinburgh in 3 days using 27 local buses (and
one cheat).

I went from Hounslow West to Sydney Opera House in 2 local buses (and one
cheat).

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old February 16th 10, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
cph cph is offline

Default LEJOG by local bus (was: Old LT Country Bus network.

On Feb 15, 3:40*pm, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

I think when the free bus passes for pensioners were introduced someone
went all the way from Lands End to John O'Groats by bus for free.

Peter Smyth

a couple of articles on Richard Elloway, who did this trip:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...ds/7340441.stm
http://www.somersetcountygazette.co....k_bus_journey/
Old February 16th 10, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LEJOG by local bus

On 16.02.10 15:51, cph wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:40 pm, "Peter wrote:

I think when the free bus passes for pensioners were introduced someone
went all the way from Lands End to John O'Groats by bus for free.

Peter Smyth

a couple of articles on Richard Elloway, who did this trip:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...ds/7340441.stm
http://www.somersetcountygazette.co....k_bus_journey/

Very interesting. I wonder what routes he took.
Old February 16th 10, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 16 February
2010 03:29:15 ...
pedan3 wrote:
I went from London to Edinburgh in 3 days using 27 local buses (and
one cheat).

I went from Hounslow West to Sydney Opera House in 2 local buses (and one
cheat).

Since you managed to find a direct bus route from Sydney airport to the
Opera House, which nobody else seems to know about, I think we'll
overlook the cheat.
:-)

--
Richard J.
Old February 16th 10, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

pedan3 wrote:
I went from London to Edinburgh in 3 days using 27 local buses (and
one cheat).

I went from Hounslow West to Sydney Opera House in 2 local buses (and one
cheat).

Since you managed to find a direct bus route from Sydney airport to the
Opera House, which nobody else seems to know about, I think we'll
overlook the cheat.
:-)

Walk out to the 309/310? - there was a time when I might have done
something like that.

Change the walk to a 400, still only 3 local buses.

E.