London Banter

-   -   ELL 'architecture' (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10529-ell-architecture.html)

[email protected] March 3rd 10 11:03 AM

ELL 'architecture'

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

I would much rather that TfL built functional and affordable stations
for ELLX and got the line actually open than design it as some sort of
architectural showpiece that costs the earth.

It's not impossible to do both.

I would cite the programme of new public toilets in Cambridge since 2000
(when, if you'll pardon me being a bit political, we Lib Dems gained
control of the City Council).

All much more maintainable and accessible than what they replaced and all
won architectural awards.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Basil Jet March 3rd 10 11:09 AM

ELL 'architecture'

wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

I would much rather that TfL built functional and affordable stations
for ELLX and got the line actually open than design it as some sort
of architectural showpiece that costs the earth.

It's not impossible to do both.

I would cite the programme of new public toilets in Cambridge since
2000 (when, if you'll pardon me being a bit political, we Lib Dems
gained control of the City Council).

All much more maintainable and accessible than what they replaced and
all won architectural awards.

Well, Lib Dems spend more time in public toilets than anybody else ;-)

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.