London Banter

-   -   Stratford Regional-Stratford Intl on DLR (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10593-stratford-regional-stratford-intl-dlr.html)

Mark Morton March 13th 10 07:39 AM

Stratford Regional-Stratford Intl on DLR

Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International, is the DLR going to be free between
the two when it opens?

Mizter T March 13th 10 09:31 AM

On Mar 13, 8:39*am, Mark Morton wrote:
Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International, is the DLR going to be free between
the two when it opens?

Haven't heard anything to that effect. However, it's a good question,
given that I think the DLR will form the only link between Stratford
Regional and Stratford International for some time, as a walking route
will have to wait until more of the Stratford City construction is
finished.

I dare say that, initially at least, the DLR may be free between the
two for those who already hold Southeastern Highspeed tickets.

Paul Terry[_2_] March 13th 10 09:44 AM

Stratford Regional-Stratford Intl on DLR

In message , Mark Morton
writes

Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International,

I think it's only free to SE ticket holders.

is the DLR going to be free between the two when it opens?

I haven't seen anything to that effect, but it would be a sensible
alternative to the very circuitous bus route. Once the walking route
through the retail development opens I imagine that all "free" services
will end.

--
Paul Terry

Mizter T March 13th 10 10:18 AM

Stratford Regional-Stratford Intl on DLR

On Mar 13, 10:44*am, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Mark Morton
writes

Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International,

I think it's only free to SE ticket holders.

Yes, but...

Chris Tolley[_2_] March 15th 10 08:26 AM

Mark Morton wrote:

Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International

.... and it's oddly announced, too.

"Platform 11 for the SouthEastern service to Stratford International,
calling at Stratford International only" or something very similar.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633000.html
(An unidentified Virgin HST at Bescot, 25 Apr 1999)

No Name March 15th 10 09:03 AM

Stratford Regional-Stratford Intl on DLR

In article ,
Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote:
Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International

... and it's oddly announced, too.

"Platform 11 for the SouthEastern service to Stratford International,
calling at Stratford International only" or something very similar.

That's like the announcements on the HS1 SouthEastern services; when the
main service was just to Ebbsfleet we got "This train is for Ebbsfleet
calling at Ebbsfleet only. The next station is Ebbsfleet.".

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband
www.davidhwild.me.uk

Chris Tolley[_2_] March 15th 10 03:01 PM

wrote:

In article ,
Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote:
Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International

... and it's oddly announced, too.

"Platform 11 for the SouthEastern service to Stratford International,
calling at Stratford International only" or something very similar.

That's like the announcements on the HS1 SouthEastern services; when the
main service was just to Ebbsfleet we got "This train is for Ebbsfleet
calling at Ebbsfleet only. The next station is Ebbsfleet.".

That wasn't the oddness I was referring to. the oddness is that it is a
bus, but I didn't hear that in the announcement.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632993.html
(43 189 at Cardiff Central, 30 Jun 1999)

DW downunder April 8th 10 03:31 PM

"Chris Tolley" (ukonline really) wrote in message

In article ,
Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote:
Given that currently there's a free bus to get you from Stratford
Regional to Stratford International

... and it's oddly announced, too.

"Platform 11 for the SouthEastern service to Stratford International,
calling at Stratford International only" or something very similar.

That's like the announcements on the HS1 SouthEastern services; when the
main service was just to Ebbsfleet we got "This train is for Ebbsfleet
calling at Ebbsfleet only. The next station is Ebbsfleet.".

That wasn't the oddness I was referring to. the oddness is that it is a
bus, but I didn't hear that in the announcement.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632993.html
(43 189 at Cardiff Central, 30 Jun 1999)

Note that they carefully said "Platform 11 for the SouthEastern service ...
" . 'Service' being the operative word.

DW downunder