London Banter

-   -   5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10666-5-quid-minimum-top-up.html)

[email protected] April 6th 10 08:59 AM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

When the hell did this nonsense come into effect? Top up at the machine
she says. Very helpful when the machine doesn't take small change which I
wanted to get rid of.

I'd have thought if they want to reduce queuing time make people paying large
sums with a credit card use the machines and people who have small amounts of
cash use the ticket office.

But that would be logical and that isn't the LU way.

B2003

Paul Scott April 6th 10 09:08 AM

wrote in message
When the hell did this nonsense come into effect?

Ages ago - a couple of years maybe.

Paul S

Mizter T April 6th 10 09:21 AM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

On Apr 6, 10:08*am, "Paul Scott"

When the hell did this nonsense come into effect?

Ages ago - a couple of years maybe.

At major Tube stations (e.g. at London Termini) maybe, but it appears
to be a fairly recent implementation at other stations (or indeed,
across the network?) - I've noticed the posters and signs displayed in
ticket windows having gone up in the last few months or so at many
stations.

How many pounds in shrapnel did Boltar have I wonder?!

[email protected] April 6th 10 09:38 AM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 02:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
At major Tube stations (e.g. at London Termini) maybe, but it appears
to be a fairly recent implementation at other stations (or indeed,
across the network?) - I've noticed the posters and signs displayed in
ticket windows having gone up in the last few months or so at many
stations.

How many pounds in shrapnel did Boltar have I wonder?!

Enough for it to be annoying. Luckily the nearby newsagent had no qualms
about taking my money for a topup.

B2003

[email protected] April 6th 10 09:40 AM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:08:47 +0100
"Paul Scott" wrote:
wrote in message
When the hell did this nonsense come into effect?

Ages ago - a couple of years maybe.

And what happens when the machines won't take someones money or they're
running in exact change only mode? Jesus, what ****ing eejits run this system.

B2003

JS April 6th 10 07:59 PM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

On 6 Apr, 10:40, wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:08:47 +0100

"Paul Scott" wrote:
wrote in message
When the hell did this nonsense come into effect?

Ages ago - a couple of years maybe.

And what happens when the machines won't take someones money or they're
running in exact change only mode? Jesus, what ****ing eejits run this system.

B2003

Then the ticket office would do the top up. They will also top up for
less than £5 to clear negative balances, for discounted adult Oyster
card holders and for under 18 Oyster photocard holders.

Offramp[_3_] April 7th 10 01:09 AM

d wrote:

And what happens when the machines won't take someones money or they're
running in exact change only mode? Jesus, what ****ing eejits run this system.

Eejits who are trying to cut 800 staff, and who are using the redundacy
of Ticket Offices as an excuse so to do.

[email protected] April 7th 10 08:31 AM

5 quid minimum top up at ticket offices?

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:59:09 -0700 (PDT)
JS wrote:
Then the ticket office would do the top up. They will also top up for
less than =A35 to clear negative balances, for discounted adult Oyster
card holders and for under 18 Oyster photocard holders.

Assuming its open. Which will soon be a rare event thanks to LUs latest
brainless wheeze.

B2003

Recliner[_2_] April 7th 10 11:20 AM

"Offramp" wrote in message

d wrote:

And what happens when the machines won't take someones money or
they're running in exact change only mode? Jesus, what ****ing
eejits run this system.

Eejits who are trying to cut 800 staff, and who are using the
redundacy of Ticket Offices as an excuse so to do.

Would you prefer higher fares, and fewer pax, instead?

Tom Barry April 7th 10 06:59 PM

Recliner wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

d wrote:

And what happens when the machines won't take someones money or
they're running in exact change only mode? Jesus, what ****ing
eejits run this system.

Eejits who are trying to cut 800 staff, and who are using the
redundacy of Ticket Offices as an excuse so to do.

Would you prefer higher fares, and fewer pax, instead?

Aren't we rather getting *both*, given the recent hikes and the general
high level of London tube fares. It's not like the people in charge
have much talent or interest in public transport, after all.

Tom