London Banter

-   -   More on Oysters (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1073-more-oysters.html)

Jill November 25th 03 07:45 PM

More on Oysters

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:21:36 +0000, (David
Boothroyd) wrote:

The following exchange occurred on a 36 bus (RM) on Park Lane this
afternoon.

Conductor: Tickets please.
Self: This is my Oyster. Look, it's got a photocard and all.
Conductor: Where is the Record Card?
Self: I renewed it over the Internet so I don't have one. I can show you
the one I got when I first bought it.
Conductor: This expired last month. You must have a record card.
Self: I renewed it over the Internet, and I wasn't sent one.
Conductor: I'll let you go this time, but you should travel on buses with
Oyster readers.

I've never had any problem with getting an Oyster accepted by conductors
on RM buses before. Anyone know whether the conductor was right?

I've paid for a travelcard which is valid for all buses and I'm damn well
not going to restrict myself to the ones with Oyster readers. It's TFL's
problem if they can't check my ticket.

This seems to be dealt with in the FAQs on the Oyster site - see
http://www.oystercard.com/faq_ask_faq8.php
Not sure how the conducter is supposed to know if it's current or not
though.