Old April 20th 10, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Earls Court subway

I have not seen the subway from Earls Court station directly into
Earls Court Exhibition Hall in use for what seems many years.
Passengers going to the arena have to climbs stairs then exit at
Warwick Road and cross the road. Is there a reason why the direct
subway from the station is no longer used?.

Old April 20th 10, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
08:28:34 on Tue, 20 Apr 2010, JohnLon
remarked:
I have not seen the subway from Earls Court station directly into
Earls Court Exhibition Hall in use for what seems many years.
Passengers going to the arena have to climbs stairs then exit at
Warwick Road and cross the road. Is there a reason why the direct
subway from the station is no longer used?.

The Exhibition hall may have moved their "cordon" to somewhere 'outside'
wherever that tunnel emerges.
Old April 20th 10, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 20, 5:10*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
08:28:34 on Tue, 20 Apr 2010, JohnLon
remarked:

I have not seen the subway from Earls Court station directly into
Earls Court Exhibition Hall in use for what seems many years.
Passengers going to the arena have to climbs stairs then exit at
Warwick Road and cross the road. Is there a reason why the direct
subway from the station is no longer used?.

The Exhibition hall may have moved their "cordon" to somewhere 'outside'
wherever that tunnel emerges.

It's all a question of money. I worked at Earls Court station around
four years ago and at that time the management of Earls Court
exhibition centre were refusing to pay for the staff required to run
the subway when needed. LU refused as well so the subway has been
closed for about five years now. The escalators were switched on every
weekend as per station instructions and one a month Otis would send
engineers along to clean them, they had a long maintenance contract to
keep up.
Old April 21st 10, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

...... the subway from Earls Court station directly into Earls Court
Exhibition Hall. Is there a reason why the direct
subway from the station is no longer used?.....

The Exhibition hall may have moved their "cordon" to somewhere 'outside'
wherever that tunnel emerges.

It's all a question of money. I worked at Earls Court station around
four years ago and at that time the management of Earls Court
exhibition centre were refusing to pay for the staff required to run
the subway when needed. LU refused as well so the subway has been
closed for about five years now. The escalators were switched on every
weekend as per station instructions and one a month Otis would send
engineers along to clean them, they had a long maintenance contract to
keep up.

Thanks for the replies, Earls Court Arena will be used for some
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site mayl be demolished for apartments.

Old April 21st 10, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 20, 11:31*pm, JohnLon wrote:
[...]

Is nothing sacred? Where will the Royal Tournament be held?

Old April 21st 10, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

E27002 wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:31 pm, JohnLon wrote:

Thanks for the replies, Earls Court Arena will be used for some
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site mayl be demolished for apartments.

Is nothing sacred? Where will the Royal Tournament be held?

You have been away a few years haven't you...

Last one took place in 1999.

Paul

Old April 21st 10, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 10:12*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
E27002 wrote:
On Apr 20, 11:31 pm, JohnLon wrote:
Thanks for the replies, Earls Court Arena will be used for some
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site mayl be demolished for apartments.

Is nothing sacred? *Where will the Royal Tournament be held?

You have been away a few years haven't you...

Quite a few.

Last one took place in 1999.

Old April 22nd 10, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 7:31*am, JohnLon wrote:
[snip]
It's all a question of money. I worked at Earls Court station around
four years ago and at that time the management of Earls Court
exhibition centre were refusing to pay for the staff required to run
the subway when needed. LU refused as well so the subway has been
closed for about five years now. The escalators were switched on every
weekend as per station instructions and one a month Otis would send
engineers along to clean them, they had a long maintenance contract to
keep up.

Thanks for the replies, Earls Court Arena will be used for some
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site may be demolished for apartments.

Really?! I hadn't picked up on that at all...
Old April 22nd 10, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Apr, 12:03, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 21, 7:31*am, JohnLon wrote:

[snip]

Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site may be demolished for apartments.

Really?! I hadn't picked up on that at all...

Read the development plans he

http://www.yourearlscourt.com/whoarewe/thesite.php

Old April 22nd 10, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 22, 9:43*am, JohnLon wrote:
On 22 Apr, 12:03, Mizter T wrote:

On Apr 21, 7:31*am, JohnLon wrote:

[snip]
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site may be demolished for apartments.

*Really?! I hadn't picked up on that at all...

Read the development plans he

http://www.yourearlscourt.com/whoarewe/thesite.php

Pretty sad eh. I would rather see the freeway dimantled and replaced
with condominiums.