Old April 22nd 10, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Daily Politics

I just watched Andrew Neil rip Simon Hughes and some Labour guy to
shreds over Europe. I'm beginning to wonder why politicians agree to go
on this show - Neil is merciless.

Old April 22nd 10, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22/04/2010 12:05, Basil Jet wrote:
I just watched Andrew Neil rip Simon Hughes and some Labour guy to
shreds over Europe. I'm beginning to wonder why politicians agree to go
on this show - Neil is merciless.

Sorry, wrong group...
Old April 22nd 10, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 22, 12:10*pm, Basil Jet wrote:

On 22/04/2010 12:05, Basil Jet wrote:

I just watched Andrew Neil rip Simon Hughes and some Labour guy to
shreds over Europe. I'm beginning to wonder why politicians agree to go
on this show - Neil is merciless.

Sorry, wrong group...

A quick apology makes it forgiveable. FWIW - and just as O/T - I don't
always agree with where Andrew Neil is coming from, but I've got a lot
of time for him as a journalist (even if he can be somewhat absurd).
Old April 22nd 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:20:54 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

On Apr 22, 12:10*pm, Basil Jet wrote:

On 22/04/2010 12:05, Basil Jet wrote:

I just watched Andrew Neil rip Simon Hughes and some Labour guy to
shreds over Europe. I'm beginning to wonder why politicians agree to go
on this show - Neil is merciless.

Sorry, wrong group...

A quick apology makes it forgiveable. FWIW - and just as O/T - I don't
always agree with where Andrew Neil is coming from, but I've got a lot
of time for him as a journalist (even if he can be somewhat absurd).

Pointing out the absurdity of politicians' posturing is a valid
journalistic technique. Andrew Neil is spectacularly good at it.

Along with Nick Robertson (BBC) and Adam Boulton (Sky) he is one of
Britain's top three political journalists on television.

Old April 22nd 10, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Bruce" wrote in message

Pointing out the absurdity of politicians' posturing is a valid
journalistic technique. Andrew Neil is spectacularly good at it.

Along with Nick Robertson (BBC) and Adam Boulton (Sky) he is one of
Britain's top three political journalists on television.

Robinson, not Robertson. Let's see how Boulton does moderating
tonight's debate.

Old April 22nd 10, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:33:53 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

Pointing out the absurdity of politicians' posturing is a valid
journalistic technique. Andrew Neil is spectacularly good at it.

Along with Nick Robertson (BBC) and Adam Boulton (Sky) he is one of
Britain's top three political journalists on television.

Robinson, not Robertson.

Oh, golly. My apologies. ;-)

Let's see how Boulton does moderating tonight's debate.

Perhaps not his greatest strength.

Unfortunately I will miss it as I am working.

Old April 22nd 10, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 22, 4:05*am, Basil Jet wrote:
I just watched Andrew Neil rip Simon Hughes and some Labour guy to
shreds over Europe. I'm beginning to wonder why politicians agree to go
on this show - Neil is merciless.

Good, these characters need a reality check.