London Banter

-   -   Earls Court subway (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10737-earls-court-subway.html)

E27002 April 22nd 10 05:44 PM

Earls Court subway

On Apr 22, 10:30*am, "Richard J." wrote:
E27002 wrote on 22 April 2010 18:16:53 ...

On Apr 22, 10:06 am, Mizter *wrote:
On Apr 22, 5:51 pm, *wrote:
On Apr 22, 9:43 am, *wrote:
On 22 Apr, 12:03, Mizter *wrote:
On Apr 21, 7:31 am, *wrote:

[snip]
Olympic events, maybe they will open the subway then!.
Afterward it seem that the site may be demolished for apartments.
* Really?! I hadn't picked up on that at all...
Read the development plans he
http://www.yourearlscourt.com/whoarewe/thesite.php
Pretty sad eh. *I would rather see the freeway dismantled and replaced
with condominiums.
Wrong side of the Atlantic.

OK Mizter T, for the pedandic: "Is that not rather sad? *One would
have prefered to have seen the motorway dismantled and replaced with
flats".

It's not pedantic to expect British English on a uk.* newsgroup. *Anyway
there's no freeway/motorway in Earl's Court, so your comment doesn't
make a lot of sense.

No doubt you are careful to use US vocabulary when posting in a US
group, or Australian where appropriate, etc. I generally credit folks
with enough intelligence to figure it out.

The Westway is not far away. I had in mind the West Cross Route,
which when I lived nearby was M41.