Old April 29th 10, 03:18 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Just begging for a graffitier with a sense of humour

Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburba...astlondonline/

B2003

Old April 29th 10, 03:35 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 29, 4:18*pm, wrote:
Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburbanslice/4560861896/

Ha ha.

They did do away with the classic Underground 'roundel on a stick' to
make way for this sign though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtl_shag/2920009404/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickjbarrett/3149659630/
(although I think what you see in the above photos is a recent
replica, rather than the original which had presumably deteriorated
somewhat)

London Overground (LO) has a roundel on a stick at Surrey Quays...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4332971244/
....so perhaps they should have designed a new double LU/LO roundel on
a stick (a 'womble pole'?) for Whitechapel?
Old April 29th 10, 03:39 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburba...astlondonline/

B2003

Here's another take on the idea from B3ta.com:
http://www.b3ta.com/board/10005741

-=# Ben Coulson #=-

Old April 29th 10, 03:41 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Apr 29, 8:35*am, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 29, 4:18*pm, wrote:

Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburbanslice/4560861896/

Ha ha.

:-) Brilliant, love it.

They did do away with the classic Underground 'roundel on a stick' to
make way for this sign though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtl_shag/2920009404/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickjbarrett/3149659630/
(although I think what you see in the above photos is a recent
replica, rather than the original which had presumably deteriorated
somewhat)

Thank you for posting these links. I like the pictures a lot. They
are very atmospheric.

Old April 29th 10, 06:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburba...astlondonline/

[nitpick mode]

Perhaps im being a bit fussy, but to my mind wouldnt it be better/more
logical for the "overground" sign to be over the "underground" rather than
under as in the above picture?

And the colours or rings are too simmilar.

Old April 29th 10, 06:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"Kipling" wrote in message
Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburba...astlondonline/

[nitpick mode]

Perhaps im being a bit fussy, but to my mind wouldnt it be better/more
logical for the "overground" sign to be over the "underground" rather than
under as in the above picture?

They would be the other way up at a station run by LO with calls by LU -
there is a fairly complex (and boring) rule book about such signage on the
TfL website...

Of course at Whitechapel they reflect physical reality, as well as station
'ownership', because the overground is under the underground...

Paul S

Old April 29th 10, 09:37 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

d wrote:
Someone really should paint a "wombling free" sign underneath these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suburba...astlondonline/

B2003

only at wimbledon!
Old April 29th 10, 11:17 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

http://tribs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/im...llsWombles.jpg

--
---
zaax
Old April 29th 10, 11:30 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 29/04/2010 22:34, Ian Jelf wrote:

I'm now off to start putting in place plans to found the Boltar Fan
Club.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/...712645e4_b.jpg
Old April 30th 10, 08:44 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:16:27 +0100
"Kipling" wrote:
And the colours or rings are too simmilar.

Yeah , I'm of the same opinion. I said in another post the other week that
there are plenty of 2 colour combinations they could have chosen - choosing
something so similar to the Underground colours was just daft and will lead
to confusion.

B2003