Old May 1st 10, 05:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Bombay Railway [was: "Super-dense crush load..."]

[x-posted to uk.transport.london]
[original thread on uk.railway]

On May 1, 4:51 pm, Michael Bell wrote:
Last night's BBC TV documentary on the railways of Bombay/Mumbai
mentioned at length the crowding, and called 14 persons/M^2 "Super
dense crush loading". But is it really unique? I think I've seen that,
taken part in that, on the London tube.

(I must say it was an extraordinary railway operation. And the
featured driver has killed about 2 people/year over the length of his
career. A driver in this country would be thought unlucky to have
killed one!)

"Bombay Railway" (BBC2) I presume - excellent that this programme is
being shown again, I missed it last time round, but remember reading
some of the comments about it on here - in particular I remember Paul
C's apparent amazement at it all.

Basic programme info including showing times and embedded iPlayer
video, plus link to main iPlayer page (where the download option
resides):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007xb0j

Two programmes, the second one showing this election day Thursday
(6th) on BBC2 at 7pm (England & NI only) - those in Wales or with
satellite can see the first one on BBC2 Wales on Wednesday (5th) at
23:.20

Re crush loading on the Tube - I've partaken in some pretty tight
subterranean squeezes over the years, but sorry, afraid I'm pretty
hazy on what the numbers might be.

(And yes, I strongly suspect that my use of "partaken" is a bit dodgy!)

how to load National Railcard on Oyster card Clive Page[_3_] London Transport 47 November 4th 15 07:04 AM
Super off-peak Travelcard won't operate gates at many stations Clive Page[_4_] London Transport 15 February 15th 10 03:45 PM
super quote Birchy London Transport 0 March 29th 05 04:21 PM
Councillors crush tube depot plans Jack Taylor London Transport 18 September 29th 04 02:36 PM
Councillors crush tube depot plans JWBA68 London Transport 0 September 25th 04 12:16 PM