London Banter

-   -   New Central Line platform at Stratford (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10792-new-central-line-platform-stratford.html)

Martin Petrov[_2_] May 8th 10 10:20 AM

New Central Line platform at Stratford

Anybody got any idea when it's likely to open?

It all *looks* raring to go (the signs are up, all paved nicely, the new
stairs and lift are open on the other side to increase capacity - the
only thing that seems to be not ready is that the glass between the exits
to the platform and the mezzanine (sp? usage?) is completely intact, so
you can't get through to it.

Am I to guess from this that they're going to leave it quite a while
before they open it, possibly til everything else in the station is
finished?

Tim Roll-Pickering May 8th 10 11:46 AM

Martin Petrov wrote:

Am I to guess from this that they're going to leave it quite a while
before they open it, possibly til everything else in the station is
finished?

I hope not. The existing island platform is one of the most crowded on the
station and anything that can relieve pressure needs to be open sooner
rather than later.