London Banter

-   -   Speak of the Devil (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10801-speak-devil.html)

[email protected] May 12th 10 07:16 PM

Speak of the Devil

It appears as though the London Underground is planning to run the Sarah
Siddons locomotive on the Metropolitan Line on Sunday, 16 May.

Details can be found on London Transport Museum's Website.

How often do they run the Sarah Siddons, I wonder? Are there any other
plans to run other vintage stock besides that and the 38TS?

How about the Glasgow Subway? Do they ever run rolling stock pre-1980?

MIG May 12th 10 07:17 PM

Speak of the Devil

On 12 May, 20:16, "
wrote:
It appears as though the London Underground is planning to run the Sarah
Siddons locomotive on the Metropolitan Line on Sunday, 16 May.

Details can be found on London Transport Museum's Website.

How often do they run the Sarah Siddons, I wonder? Are there any other
plans to run other vintage stock besides that and the 38TS?

How about the Glasgow Subway? Do they ever run rolling stock pre-1980?

I saw a poster about this today. £20 I think it said. It's the
Rickmansworth Festival, apparently.

Bruce[_2_] May 12th 10 08:11 PM

Speak of the Devil

On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:17:53 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On 12 May, 20:16, "
wrote:
It appears as though the London Underground is planning to run the Sarah
Siddons locomotive on the Metropolitan Line on Sunday, 16 May.

Details can be found on London Transport Museum's Website.

How often do they run the Sarah Siddons, I wonder? Are there any other
plans to run other vintage stock besides that and the 38TS?

How about the Glasgow Subway? Do they ever run rolling stock pre-1980?

I saw a poster about this today. £20 I think it said. It's the
Rickmansworth Festival, apparently.

The Rickmansworth Canal Festival, and the special trains will run
between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Amersham. "Sarah Siddons" will top and
tail with a pair of Class 20s.

Richard J.[_3_] May 12th 10 08:22 PM

Speak of the Devil

Bruce wrote on 12 May 2010 21:11:18 ...
On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:17:53 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On 12 May, 20:16,
wrote:
It appears as though the London Underground is planning to run the Sarah
Siddons locomotive on the Metropolitan Line on Sunday, 16 May.

Details can be found on London Transport Museum's Website.

How often do they run the Sarah Siddons, I wonder? Are there any other
plans to run other vintage stock besides that and the 38TS?

How about the Glasgow Subway? Do they ever run rolling stock pre-1980?

I saw a poster about this today. £20 I think it said. It's the
Rickmansworth Festival, apparently.

The Rickmansworth Canal Festival, and the special trains will run
between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Amersham. "Sarah Siddons" will top and
tail with a pair of Class 20s.

Why a pair? It's bad enough having a diesel at the back just in case,
but why two?

--
Richard J.

Bruce[_2_] May 12th 10 08:39 PM

Speak of the Devil

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:22:45 +0100, "Richard J."
wrote:

Bruce wrote on 12 May 2010 21:11:18 ...
On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:17:53 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On 12 May, 20:16,
wrote:
It appears as though the London Underground is planning to run the Sarah
Siddons locomotive on the Metropolitan Line on Sunday, 16 May.

Details can be found on London Transport Museum's Website.

How often do they run the Sarah Siddons, I wonder? Are there any other
plans to run other vintage stock besides that and the 38TS?

How about the Glasgow Subway? Do they ever run rolling stock pre-1980?

I saw a poster about this today. £20 I think it said. It's the
Rickmansworth Festival, apparently.

The Rickmansworth Canal Festival, and the special trains will run
between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Amersham. "Sarah Siddons" will top and
tail with a pair of Class 20s.

Why a pair? It's bad enough having a diesel at the back just in case,
but why two?

I'm only the messenger. Don't shoot!

D7666 May 12th 10 08:41 PM

Speak of the Devil

On May 12, 9:39*pm, Bruce wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:22:45 +0100, "Richard J."

Why a pair? *It's bad enough having a diesel at the back just in case,
but why two?

I'm only the messenger. *Don't shoot!

Indeed.

50% of uk.railway seem to adopt trainspotter mode and want BR
modernisation plan diesels on everything : as soon as one appears, the
other 50% whinge about it.

Cue EE507 .....

--
Nick

Bruce[_2_] May 12th 10 08:48 PM

Speak of the Devil

On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:41:50 -0700 (PDT), D7666
wrote:

On May 12, 9:39*pm, Bruce wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:22:45 +0100, "Richard J."

Why a pair? *It's bad enough having a diesel at the back just in case,
but why two?

I'm only the messenger. *Don't shoot!

Indeed.

50% of uk.railway seem to adopt trainspotter mode and want BR
modernisation plan diesels on everything : as soon as one appears, the
other 50% whinge about it.

Cue EE507 .....

Plus the "fixed formation" nasty squad. ;-)

Richard J.[_3_] May 12th 10 09:31 PM

Speak of the Devil

D7666 wrote on 12 May 2010 21:41:50 ...
On May 12, 9:39 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:22:45 +0100, "Richard J."

Why a pair? It's bad enough having a diesel at the back just in case,
but why two?

I'm only the messenger. Don't shoot!

Indeed.

50% of uk.railway seem to adopt trainspotter mode and want BR
modernisation plan diesels on everything : as soon as one appears, the
other 50% whinge about it.

When you've finished whinging about the whingers on uk.railway (which is
not a group I subscribe to), perhaps someone could answer my question.
--
Richard J.

Bruce[_2_] May 12th 10 10:15 PM

Speak of the Devil

On Wed, 12 May 2010 22:31:37 +0100, "Richard J."
wrote:

When you've finished whinging about the whingers on uk.railway (which is
not a group I subscribe to), perhaps someone could answer my question.

Apology accepted.

Standing at HN28 signal May 13th 10 07:42 AM

Speak of the Devil

wrote:

When you've finished whinging about the whingers on uk.railway (which is
not a group I subscribe to), perhaps someone could answer my question.

Apology accepted.

Most likely because running round would take too long so it needs to
be top n tailed by something. Class 20s rarely run solo as they are
quite low powered I believe.