London Banter

-   -   New Bus for London unveiled (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10818-new-bus-london-unveiled.html)

Paul Corfield May 17th 10 11:56 AM

New Bus for London unveiled

http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...aster-buses.do

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

--
Paul C
via Google

Basil Jet[_2_] May 17th 10 01:26 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

On 17/05/2010 12:56, Paul Corfield wrote:
http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...aster-buses.do

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

It would be a good looking mayor if only it combed its hair.

Recliner[_2_] May 17th 10 01:33 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...aster-buses.do

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

I quite like the look, but wonder if the engine has enough space? It
appears to be under the rear staircase, but there doesn't seem to be
enough room for a hybrid engine (ie, lots of batteries) with adequate
cooling. The last thing we want is another self-immolating bus!

E27002 May 17th 10 03:39 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-boris-johnson...

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

It would be a good looking mayor if only it combed its hair.

Is there any room for seating on the lower level? Those doors and
stairwells take space. I can see seating for the elderly and infirm
being limited.

Stephen Allcroft May 18th 10 01:23 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

On 17 May, 16:39, E27002 wrote:
On May 17, 6:26*am, Basil Jet wrote:

On 17/05/2010 12:56, Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-boris-johnson....

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

It would be a good looking mayor if only it combed its hair.

Is there any room for seating on the lower level? *Those doors and
stairwells take space. *I can see seating for the elderly and infirm
being limited.

At least it isn't a pastiche, like the competition entires, although
the rear dome looks rather exaggerated to me, something like the
Viberti double deckers Turin used in the 1960s.

Dr. Sunil May 18th 10 01:41 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

On 17 May, 12:56, Paul Corfield wrote:
http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...new-bus-london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-boris-johnson...

I have mixed views about the design but it's not as bad as I thought
it might be.

--
Paul C
via Google

My favourite at the mo is the Enviro400!

Neil Williams May 18th 10 07:27 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:28 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Sunil"
wrote:

My favourite at the mo is the Enviro400!

I think those look stupid from the outside, but inside are the most
comfortable.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To reply put my first name before the at.

Bruce[_2_] May 18th 10 07:45 PM

New Bus for London unveiled

wrote:

My favourite at the mo is the Enviro400!

I think those look stupid from the outside, but inside are the most
comfortable.

Take away the silly "smiling face" and they don't look at all bad.